About our international law blog

  • This site tracks developments in international family law from Richard Crouch and John Crouch of Crouch & Crouch in Arlington, Virginia. Our international practice has grown naturally from our location in our native Arlington, where our clients include many military, diplomatic and immigrant families, international organization employees, IT professionals, etc. This blog's purpose is to comment on the ongoing development of the law, and help other lawyers, journalists and the public understand individual cases. These postings do not provide a comprehensive description of the law. In fact, they will surely contain statements that were true at the time but have become less valid as the law continues to develop.
Blog powered by Typepad

« Prosecution, investigation rare in green-card wedding scams | Main | Parent's report on meeting with Japan's justice minister about custody & Hague Convention »

January 12, 2012


jessyca Lankester

Dear Richard crouch,
My name is Jessyca lANKESTER,Dutch and permanent visa-holder in Japan.Iam browsing the internet just for some ideas.This is our story in short;My japanese daughter and I are living together in Tokyo.MY ex-boyfriend,a japanese doctor abandoned us to marry another japanese woman.Since then Iam "BATTLING" japanese family-court ,first for babies-recognition and afterwards since 2001 I am in/out of court for CHILDSUPPORT.Eventhough I have a court-ruling from 2010 ordering my ex to pay monthly childsupport but he refuses and doesnt pay.Apparently he has been scheming with filling out correct documents of residence so court-investigators cant knock his door and his income is already being "garnished"by other creditors while his main legal creditor so to speak,his daughter gets nothing.I cant tell you the tremendous stress we are facing just to survive and meanwhile being told by lawyers and court-counsellors to give up my fight and find another husband.Why does japanese government allow deadbeat dads to walk away and never look back and in my book they are offenders who have broken the law and should be arrested and be put in jail.No here in japan the police isnt there for these matters and also staff of city-halls should be more flexa ble and have more power to enclose offenders names concerning their real home-address or telephone-number.Is there any advice you could give me as I dont see right for childsupport on your blog and this shouldnt be overlooked.My daughters future as in being able to study etc. is on stake.Thanks,Jessyca

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)